Sunday, September 10, 2006

For the loyal followers of my blog, you now that I'm on my third bike after various encounters with thieves. I had my doubts about coming back after 2 months and finding my bike. Loe and behold, there is was. Elated I ran over to greet "Aunt Jamima" as we all lovingly call her. Only to find that my bike seat had been stolen. All that was left was two spring (talk about uncomfortable). The basket had also rotted out. The whole way to the bike repair shop, Chinese stopped, pointed and laughed. Luckily I was with my new great friend Jackie and we both found the whole thing hysterical as well. When I took the bike in, the repair men got really big eyes.
After replacing the seat and a basket, they informed me that I also need work on my chain, my lock and that I had no brake pads left and a new bell would actually function if I bought it, and air in the tires would definitely improve...well bicycling. Near the cost of a new bike later, Aunt Jamima was kickin it once again.
Jackie and I spent the rest of the day shopping and strolling. I tried to capture the mayhem of the supermarket on a sunday, but this photo hardly does it justice. Just think, people packed in like this throughout a whole super Walmart (or Target, if you prefer).
Finally, I love old people playing mah jong. I mean, it is soooooo Chinese. You can't get any more Chinese than old folks playing mahjong outside.
Tomorrow is my first day of TAKING classes in over a year. I am scared as hell, but I met a new Thai friend tonight, and I think if we stick together we will make it.....first day of school picture to come later......

Finally, I love old people playing mah jong. I mean, it is soooooo Chinese. You can't get any more Chinese than old folks playing mahjong outside.
Tomorrow is my first day of TAKING classes in over a year. I am scared as all g, but I met a new Thai friend tonight, and I think if we stick together we will make it.....first day of school picture to come later......
ps i can see blogspot now, for no reason at all, so feel free to leave comments, I can actually communicate back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you remember how important that "first day of school" picture is!!!!!!