Wednesday, July 27, 2005

konichiwa

I have arrived. After 26 hours, I came to my Japanese home complete with my `twin sister` Makiko, my Oka-san and Oto-san, Yoko and Michiro. After I left Tuesday morning, everything hit me. All those times of no-feeling suddenly attacked me full-force. I completely freaked out on the plane--crying so hard that I couldn`t breathe (I am sure the woman next to me thought I was a nut-case). Getting to Chicago all I wanted to do was find a return flight to KC. I couldn`t believe what I was doing. Not just going to China for a year, but maybe for a lifetime. It really really scared me to think of leaving the community that I loved so much in KC. Once I arrived, however, the brilliant spirits of Oka-san and Makiko revived me. I was honestly cracking up from the minute I stepped out of customs until I went to bed last night. I am still feeling very very unsure about what the future holds for me right now, but I am trying to look at one day at a time. I want to enjoy Japan to its fullest. Peace.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ohiyo! I'd say something else in Japanese, but all I remember is the counting song from Big Bird goes to Japan.

Glad to hear that you are with warm and wonderful people.