Monday, July 25, 2005

Whoa.

As I promised......the packing is going well. The past two weeks have been a brilliant mosaic of people that I love. I think people should go out of town more often. It puts a sense of urgency to fill every moment with meaning and memories. Furthermore, it allows a time of "giddy freedom," providing a period of grace in which one may act without facing the consequences--at least for a year. I rather like it. So, I leave tomorrow morning. I still have a million people to see, several thank-you cards to write, and, most importantly, two discs left in the first season of The OC to watch.

2 comments:

shalomiak said...

well, i went ahead and created a blog to be able to write to you. Maybe we'll post pictures of our new cat and the adventure of intentional community. . .we miss you, we love you, and we've been thinking about you a lot these last few days, as we also transition into a new home. We're in the funny stage of new sharing as we merged pots and pans, salad dressings and frozen desserts.

Susan said...

After we left the airport this morning we (Em, Mark, KS, Matt and me) enjoyed a pleasant but melancholy breakfast at Corner Cafe. I hope they fed you equally well on your flight.

This morning's strangely-absent tears arrived this evening several hours behind the rainstorm that moved through Kansas City today. I miss you already.