Friday, September 02, 2005

recipe help

Whenever I get around to moving, my Chinese friends want me to have a housewarming party and they want me to cook American food. That is all fine and good, but for the life of me I can't think what to cook for a group of about 10 people. It can't contain meat, pasta, tomato sauce, or cheese (because I don't eat meat and there isn't any pasta, sauce, or cheese here) and can't bake anything (because I don't have an oven). So, if you have any suggestions, I am desperate. Thanks.
p.s. I am feeling guilty b/c my sister sent me her blog today (see the link brennan homiak's blog on the sidebar) and it is so full of wisdom and self-examination etc, I am sorry my blog has nothing of this sort to offer!(but it does have rooster stories!)

2 comments:

Tim said...

That's a very insightful comment Jan had, isn't it... Anyway, I know what you mean about the Brennan Homiak's. They're just so deep aren't they. Okay, I'm being a smart ***. I love those guys, and certainly don't mean to make fun. I read your blog all the time now Cammie, and it has been great to hear all that's going on with you. So, I have an idea about your meal. How about chili? You can make great chili without meat, and it's probably one of the most "American" things I can think of. (Where did it come from anyway I wonder?) If you want specific recipe ideas, I would be happy to send them to you. I cook a lot, and have made many variations of chili. I dabble in being a vegitarian too, although I am not extremely committed. Sometimes it just ends up being more important to "do as the Romans do" I guess, but I'm sure you know more about that in China than I do in Atlanta! Anyway, it's good to be hearing from you Cammie. I look forward to reading more about the roosters!

Bob Brennan said...

If necessay, I will send a corn dog from Sonic.

Is it possible to make your own corn dogs in China?