Thursday, September 22, 2005

because I have to get my kicks somewhere


This is my sister. Not only is she special because she is remembering the Alamo, but she has also sprouted a Texas flag from her scalp thanks to the tropical Waco environment. I must say, the pictures on my computer provide me with more entertainment than I ever would have guessed. (so don't be surprised to see yourself on here some day!). Sorry for the last depressing blog, I think my influx of completely devastating movies in the past few weeks has rather affected my usually sunny personality (that was irony). I am tackling each moment with a determinant to be comfortable in the completely unknown of the future and to enjoy my time here. It really isn't too hard. My kids are wonderful, I think I laugh more during class than I teach--I never know what is going to come out of their mouths--the food is divine, and it is exciting to being comprehending a language! Furthermore, I have actually been receiving the mail that has been sent to me. I believe I declared last blog that I couldn't remember my last hug, I realized lately I am so silly and forgetful. Remember Auntie Yang (the gatekeeper with the rooster in her bike basket?) I can't understand a word she says to me for the most part (for some reason, her Chinese is particularly incomprehensible) but she checks on me every few days and fiercely hugs the life out of me before she leaves. I have no clue where she picked up this habit (it is uncommon to hug in this culture) I think she must know that foreigners need it!
This weekend, some of other teachers and I are going to Suzhou--a city known as the Venice of the East. We are quite excited to spend a little time outside Hangzhou. Perhaps I will have some more exciting mis-adventures to relay soon!

No comments: