Sunday, August 28, 2005

don't you know the piggers??

Wei ni hao. Nothing much new here. Yesterday, a new friend, Bao He Jun took me out on the grand tour of Hangzhou. We visited the city centre square, some shopping districts and West Lake. We ventured out on a fishing boat to visit the islands that dot the lake (one island is called "three pools mirroring the moon" now that is romantic) It was great to spend a day out practicing my Chinese (did I mention that I've had my first lesson with a tutor......I need some serious practice). Bao He Jun also taught me how to work my rice cooker (minus the rice b/c I didn't have any in the apartment, but I think I got the general idea). Futhermore, I have been reminded by a good friend that there is little point in planning a formula for balancing Chinese and American life--I just should passionately act, live, and love and somehow things will fall into place in their own time and in their own way. So, I'll be trying that, rather than worring about everything!

No comments: