Tuesday, August 23, 2005

H-town at last

Well, I am here now. I moved into an apartment that will be my home for the next two weeks. They are gutting my next apartment currently (it is next door and exactly the same as where I live now, why I have to move I have no idea). Until I move I won't have internet in my room so I am using the net-bar down the street. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Also, the Chinese think it is really interesting to stand behind me and watch while I type and try to read the English. I actually don't like this game as much as they do. Anyway, Hangzhou is a nice city. The rainy weather and horrid pollution complicate the breathing situation, but things could be worse. I bought a bicycle yesterday and I've actually ridden the city bus twice by myself (I got off at the right stop only once though) so I am feeling more independent. I miss talking though (strange). I can go all day now w/o talking to anyone (but myself). It isn't bad, it is just strange. I don't know when school starts. My boss has told me so far the 1st, or the 4th, or the 5th. This isn't helpful. Tomorrow, though, I will meet with the vice-dean of the college and the dean of the english dept. and hopefully get a schedule and more info. I need your help though. I won't have a book to teach out of so I will plan all the lessons out of my head (dangerous). I hope to dedicate each week to a faction of life (i.e. friends, family, health, celebrations etc.) and each day to an aspect of this faction (so if we are talking about health: exercise, hygiene, not smoking etc.) and simply learn vocab about the topic and discuss etc. But, I need more help. There are a hell of a lot of school days in a year. If you have any ideas for factions or sub-faction topics email me. It doesn't matter if you think they are creative or not. Anything works! Hope to talk to all of you soon!

No comments: